9 days ago
- Helping Harvest Food Bank - 117 Morgan Drive, RDG, PA 19608 - (610) 373-5208
- Contact for additional food banks/pantries in the area and/or additional food resources
- Hope Rescue Mission - 645 N. 6th St. RDG, PA 19601 - (610) 375-4224
- Contact for various food distribution/meal times
- New First Baptist Church of Birdsboro - 216 N. Mill St. Birdsboro, PA 19508 - 610-850-2554
- First Tuesday of the month from 6:00pm-7:00pm
- Must have state issued ID card
- The Salvation Army of Reading - 301 S. 5th St. RDG, PA 19601 - 610-373-5208
- Last Thursday of each month at 4:00pm
Homeless Resources for Men, Women and Families:
- Dial 211 or text your zip code to 898211 to receive free, 24/7, non-emergency information from Berks County from a live chat specialist.
- Berks Coalition to End Homelessness, Inc.- 831 Walnut Street, 610-372-7222
- Family Promise- 325 North 5th Street, 610-373-3323
- Mary’s Shelter (women w/ children & unaccompanied youth) - 615 Kenhorst Blvd, Reading, PA 19611, 610 603-8010
- Opportunity House- 430 North 2nd Street, 610-374-4696
- Salvation Army- 301 South 5th Street, 610-373-5208
- Berks County Assistance Office - 625 Cherry St. RDG, PA 19601 - 610-736-4211
- Food stamps, utilities assistance through LIHEAP, Medicaid / Medical Assistance, etc.
Drug, Alcohol, and Mental Health Resources:
- Council on Chemical Abuse- Information/Referrals: 601 Penn Street, Suite 600, 610-376-8669
- Treatment Access Services Center (TASC)-Drug & Alcohol Treatment: 19 North 6th Street, 610-375-4426
- Service Access and Management- Mental Health/Developmental Disabilities intake and referrals: 19 North 6th Street, 610-236-0530 (24/7 Crisis Line)
- Greater Reading Mental Health Alliance- 1234 Penn Avenue, 610-775-3000
- National Alliance on Mental Illness- 610-685-3000
- RUOK: Secure, anonymous communications: text ruOK to 484-816-7865 for 24/7 mental health response
- SafeBerks-shelter and counseling services for domestic and sexual violence victims: 24/7 hotline 610-372-9540
Health & Wellness Resources:
- Tower Health at Home Clinics- 1170 Berkshire Blvd. Wyo, PA 19610 - Call for appointment 610-378-0481, ext. 3294
- Immunization clinics, wellness checks, etc.
- Berks Community Health Center - 838 Penn St.Reading, PA, 19602 - (610) 988-4838
- Primary care, triage services, dental, reproductive resources, women and children, etc.
- Penn State Health - St. Joe’s - 610-378-2000
- Call for services available in your area.
- Berks County Women, Infant, & Children (WIC) - 1110-C Rockland Street. Reading, PA 19604 - 610-373-5545
- Screenings, resources, medical services, etc.