P-EBT Card Information
3 days ago
Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT), will help families cover the cost of breakfasts and lunches their children would have been eligible to receive for free or at reduced price through the National School Lunch Program. the P-EBT program was re-authorized last year to cover the entire 2020-21 school year. A new P-EBT has been approved for Pennsylvania by the USDA FNS. Please click the link below to answer your questions or to see if you qualify.
Beginning in mid to late June, eligible students will receive P-EBT benefits in several stages:
- the first stage will provide benefits for eligible students for the months of September 2021 through November 2021,
- the second stage will provide benefits for eligible students for the months of December 2021-February 2022,
- the third stage will provide benefits for eligible students for the months of March through May 2022, and
- the final stage will provide benefits for eligible students for the months of June through August of 2022.
- Remember, the amount of benefits received for each child for each stage will vary based on the individual student's circumstances.
For households that received P-EBT previously, the benefit will be issued on your existing EBT or P-EBT card, if possible. If you have not received P-EBT previously the card will come in your child's name, so keep an eye out for a plain envelope addressed to your household. The return address on the card's envelope will be from Texas. Each child will receive their own card. Once you have used the Stage 1 benefits on the card, keep the card availablebecause it will be re-used for additional benefits for which your child qualifies.